Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Am I too late?

This is a question that I get regularly around this time of year. The answer? No! You are not too late for most anything. Will you be able to grow it from seed? Probably not,  but...you can still get starts and grow! I will say...you are probably too late for pumpkins and cutting it close on corn (if you can find corn starts) but beyond that. ..plant away!

In the next 3-4 weeks you will want to start planning your fall crops. Yes...you heard me right.  You will want to plant a second round of snap peas and bush beans if you can. You will also want to get those colder weather plants started. Cabbage,  broccoli,  cauliflower, lettuce, spinach. ..all of those plants that will bolt and go to seed when there is extreme heat, get them started indoors for getting in the ground by the end of August.

My garden is getting huge! I would love to see what you have growing! Send me your pictures!

~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment