Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pardon my absence!

So this last month has been crazy for me and my family. My husband and I went away for a week to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and now here we are at the end of the school year!  Ahhh! Time flies when you're having fun. ..or just crazy busy...anyways I wanted to share some pictures of my garden and my planting method...of sorts. Let me know if you have any questions!
For my pumpkins and zucchini plants I create mounds and plant 3 seeds in the top of each mound and gently cover with dirt.
For the corn I make rows and plant each seed 4-6 inches apart and again gently cover with soil before watering. Make sure you water gently for the first little while as they grow and develop their root systems!
I have peppers all in their own 8-10 inch pots scattered in all of the warm spots.
In this box there is sugar snap peas, cucumbers, 2 zucchini plants, a pumpkin plant and two rows of corn. This all fits in a 3'x6' planter. Pretty amazing what you can do with a small space, huh?
Bush Beans, they certainly have taken off!
Here is a mound that has a hole in the top for the seeds. It doesn't have to be too high.
Here is where I placed 3 seeds into the top of each mound.
This one here is for the corn. All I do is take my trowel and drag it in a line and then space out the seeds accordingly before covering with soil that mounded up on the sides again.

No comments:

Post a Comment