Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Beef Stir Fry

Want a quick and super easy meal? Look no further! This is such a super easy meal and it comes together in a flash! (Ok, so maybe not a flash, but it's certainly in the 30 minutes or less category!)

Here is what I did for this particular batch.
1 lb stew meat (or strip steak that you have sliced)
Veggies (as many as you want!) For this batch I used broccoli, shredded carrots and snap peas.
Almonds (again, as many as you want) 
Sauce...recipe to follow!

Ok, so here is what I did. I put a little bit of oil into my electric skillet which was set between 325 and 350 degrees F and I browned all of the meat. I then added the frozen veggies and almonds. If using fresh, add a about 1/4 cup of water so that the steam can help cook them. Put the lid on for 5-10 minutes until the veggies are cooked, but not soft. Now is the time to add the sauce to finish cooking (that way the flavor infuses into everything)

Sauce:
1 tsp ground ginger
3 tsp sugar (you can also substitute honey as a sweetener)
3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp Water
1 Tbsp Corn Starch
1/3 cup apple juice, chicken broth or beef broth (your choice depending on what type of stir fry you are doing!)

Mix everything together and make sure there are no lumps then slowly incorporate into the stir fry. Cook for another 5-10 minutes with the lid on until the sauce is reduced a bit. Turn off the heat and serve over rice!
Looks good, huh? I must say, it tasted good too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment