Thursday, January 16, 2014

Egg Drop Soup

I got this recipe from a fabulous friend who runs the blog The Paleo Homesteader. While I didn't have everything exactly as listed, it turned out fabulous!

Chicken Egg Drop Soup

6 cups of chicken bone broth (I had turkey, bone broth is just another way of saying stock...seeing as I made my own, I just got it off of my shelf!)
4 cups of water
2 cups diced carrots
2 chicken breasts cubed (smaller pieces)
1 Tablespoon Freshly grated ginger (I didn't have fresh so I used ground and did about a teaspoon)
1 clove garlic pressed/minced. (I used the minced stuff I can buy from Costco!)
6 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste

Bring the stock and water to a boil, add the chicken, carrots, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper (approximately 1 tsp each). Boil for approximately 20-30 minutes or until all of the chicken and carrots are cooked.  Beat the eggs and slowly add to the soup stirring constantly while adding. Less than a minute later and dinner is served!  You might want to let it cool down first.  ;) Toddler tested and approved! This was fast, simple and DELICIOUS! Thanks to The Paleo Homesteader page for the yummy recipe! (A link to their page is located at the bottom of this post.)
Looks delicious, huh?


My 2 year old approves! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment