Thursday, September 5, 2013

It's that time of year!

I don't know about you, but for me, back to school means back to routine! I love having a schedule and a routine, and part of my routine includes having a meal plan! Some people start out with a week at a time, which I think is fantastic! I personally don't like having to think about it very often, so I plan out at least 6 weeks worth of meals at a time. This allows me to know what I need to shop for and then I can plan the meals according to how busy our schedule is! (For example, tonight is grilled cheese and soup because we have horseback riding lessons right after school. Something quick and easy that everyone in the family loves!)
 
I don't have any sort of cutsey way of keeping my menu, I didn't make my own chalkboard or anything like that. It is a piece of paper that I have divided up into grids with the dates at the top of each box and the days of the week with the main course written in. If I use a recipe from a certain cookbook then I make sure to make a note of which cookbook to minimize the time spent searching through all of them to find the right one. (I'm kind of a cookbook junkie...I have a lot of cookbooks...and my sweet Mother in law has the same addiction as I do!) I keep my meal planner on a clipboard that is hung up on a push pin in my kitchen. Real fancy...I know. But hey, it's practical and it's functional!
Like I said, not pretty, but it works!
I figured other people might have a hard time coming up with ideas for meals (I know I did when I first started meal planning) so I thought I would share some of my go-to meal ideas! If you want any of the recipes, please don't hesitate to ask and I will do a post with the requested recipes! (And pictures hopefully!)

Meatloaf
Chicken Pot Pie (30 minute meal)
Chicken Alfredo (30 minute meal)
Parmesan Chicken
Stir Fry (30 minute meal)
Goulash
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken Penne with Broccoli (30 minute meal)
Sweet and Sour Chicken/Pork
Quesadillas
BBQ Beef Patties over Rice (30 minute meal)
Chicken Crepes
Chicken Enchiladas
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
Stroganoff
Cheddar Broccoli Soup (30 minute meal)
Haystacks (30 minute meal)
Pigs in a blanket
Fried Chicken
Minestrone Soup
Pot Roast
Country style ribs
Breaded Chicken Tenders (30 minute meal)
Breakfast for dinner! (Pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs)
Fish n' Chips
Potato Chowder
Baked Mac & Cheese
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Roasted Chicken
Pan Seared Chicken

I am just getting into cooking more with my crockpot, so as I make more meals, I will post ideas on here! Also, can you tell we eat a lot of chicken? This is why I buy from Zaycon so that it is cheaper! Please feel free to post your recipe requests in the comments and I will put up recipes soon!

1 comment: