Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Getting Started

        I don't know about you, but for me, getting started is the most difficult part of any project! I think about what I want to do for what seems like forever before I finally get going. Well, the same can be said for this blog. I have been thinking about doing this off and on for over a year, but here I am, buckling down and getting started! If you ever have any questions or have suggestions on what you would like to see, please do NOT hesitate to let me know! I will do my best to share my knowledge with you!

     A little bit about myself. I grew up in Beaverton, OR with 3 older brothers. You could say that I was a bit of a tomboy! I still live in Beaverton, but it is now with my wonderful husband and 3 beautiful little girls. I'm not so much a tomboy now, but that doesn't mean that I can't hurt anyone who messes with my babies. ;) I love being a stay at home Mom, but contrary to what many think...I work my butt off!

 I love to garden and my entire front yard is a huge garden. I love to cook! It makes me so sad that there are so many young women today who don't know how to cook and what they do make...quite frankly tastes terrible! I started learning to cook when I was 9 years old and by the time that I was 12 I was regularly making a meal for my family. I also love to organize...which is funny since my house is regularly a disaster zone...but what can I say, I have 3 little Tasmanian devils who follow me around and destroy everything I clean and organize! I LOVE to can and preserve food. I can veggies from my garden, make jam, can fruit, can meat. I think my favorite part is actually going out and harvesting the fruit/veggies. It is so rewarding to see my shelves lined with yummy, HEALTHY food that I know the quality of and that I know exactly what is in it! My other love is exercise. I am a firm believer in the philosophy that if you don't take care of yourself, you can't expect to be able to care for others to the extent that you would have. I try to make it to our MMA gym at least twice a week. (yes, that's right, I do kickboxing classes, and boxing classes and I LOVE it!) I am far from the craftiest person around, but I do love to make baby blankets and patchwork quilts. (I also do contract work for that kind of thing!) Most importantly, my family is everything to me. I love them dearly and I do all that I do for them!

Thanks for reading and I look forward to questions and comments on future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment